Before the event
1. Please make sure the application process is successfully completed.
2. Collect the number of participating students and teachers.
3. The participating students and teachers can prepare their own lunch or have
Shin Sheng Elementary School to book for them. It is fine to leave the English
Village after finishing lunch there.
4. The price for each student is 100 NTD. Please wire transfer the payment. Low
income student are exempted from the payment and should be excluded
before the payment is wired.
5. The participating schools are responsible for their own insurance and transportation fee.
6. Please download the pre-event teaching materials from the Shin Sheng Elementary School and teach it to the students before the event.
The content of the event
The event is host by foreign teachers to provide an “English only” learning
environment. Students are grouped for each different stations and learn at each
station by turns based on their “English learning passport”. The event is
consisted of the following three parts.
- Pre-event learning: the participating school should download the pre-event teaching materials from the Sin Sheng Elementary School and teach it to the students before the event to maximum the learning experience.
- Event: There are maximum of 6 groups for each events with maximum of 12 students in each group. Please group the students before the events.
- Extended activities: the participating school can download the post-event teaching materials from the Shin Sheng Elementary School and teach it to the students after the event to maximum the learning experience.
At the village
1. Please enter the English Village from the east entrance of the Shin Sheng Elementary School.
2. There are maximum of 6 groups for each events with maximum of 12 students in each group. Please group the students before the events.
3. The participating home-room teacher should stay in the English village during the event. She/he should help to managing the students, maintain a clean environment, and make sure to not affect the peace of students at Shin Sheng Elementary School.
4. Beverage and snack are not allowed in the English Village. Please bring water bottle and use the drinking machine in the village if water is needed. If the participating school leave in the village for lunch, please make sure the leftover is properly processes and be sure to maintain a clean environment after the lunch.
The responsibility of the leading teachers
1. Complete the application, collection of the payment, payment transfter, download the pre-event learning materials, and other necessary pre-event preparation.
2. Lead the students to the English Village at the designated time and date. Participate the learning event and mange the students during the event.
3. Lead the students during the lunch and break time. Cooperate with the necessary English learning activities.
4. Complete learning evaluation and feedback form.
The rules for participating students
According to the mission and goal of the Yilan county English Village, the event rules are as followings:
In order to ensure everyone’s fair chance to learn English and obtain confidence and enjoyment during the learning, every participant must comply to the following rules:
1. I will do my best to communicate in English
2. I will pay attention during the class.
3. I will attend the classes and activities on time.
4. I will respect and cherish any public property.
5. I will comply to the rules in the English Village.